Setting Indicators and Graphical Objects
You can set Indicators and Graphical objects on the charts of financial instruments.
You can call the dialog of setting an indicator in the following ways:
- Select "Chart" option from the main menu and in the opened context menu select "Indicators" option (it will be set on a live chart).
- Right-click on the live chart window and in the opened context menu select "Indicators" option.
- On the upper panel of the terminal click on button-icon "f" (setting will be performed on live chart).
"Indicators" window will open, consisting of two sections "Available indicators:" and "Set indicators:"
In "Available instruments:" section you can select an indicator from the full list and set it on the chart, by pressing "Set" in order to specify the indicator properties.
In the example RSI indicator is selected and its dialog is called:
After specifying the indicator properties, press "OK" and the indicator will be set on the chart.
In "Set indicators" section of "Indicators" window you will see the list of all indicators, set on the chart, and you will be able to select the indicator that you want to modify or delete. To save the changes in the indicators on the chart press "Close" button.
The set indicators are reflected on the chart window or in a separate place below the chart.
Additionally, on the lines of several indicators you can build “Moving Average” indicator. To do it, right-click on the selected indicator in "Set indicators" section on the right. In "Available indicators…" section on the left the list of indicators will appear for additional setting.
Press the indicator from the list and "Set" button. In the opened window set properties of the additional setting.
In our example on RSI line “Moving Average” indicator will be drawn (horizontal lines on RSI indicator can be added and edited as graphical objects):
2. Graphical objects
You can call the dialog window of setting Graphical objects in the following ways:
- Right-click on live chart window and select “Graphical objects” from the opened context menu.
- Press icon-button of calling a concrete graphical object in the upper panel of the terminal (setting will be performed on the live chart).
In the first case the list of graphical objects will open:
You can move the previously set Graphical object in the desired direction by holding the left mouse button.
In order to modify the properties of the previously set Graphical object, move your mouse over the object and by double-clicking call the dialog window of setting the object properties.